Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Pinterest vs Diigo






Social bookmarking is a really cool concept of finding and sharing links found on the Internet so you can access them at a later date.  Websites like Pinterest and Diigo are examples of social bookmarking websites that can benefit everyone.  

After playing around with both social bookmarking websites, I have to say that Pinterest was my favorite.  It's organized, and shows links as a picture instead of just the title.  It also has a more homey feel to it.  Overall, Pinterest was more aesthetically pleasing. Pinterest has the option of linking with your Facebook and twitter accounts to publicize and share what you have been finding on the site, making it more social.  The one thing I didn't like about Pinterest is that the only way users can interact with one another is commenting on other user’s pins or to follow their board creations.

Diigo looks very exciting in the beginning.  It has a very professional vibe.  I really liked having the ability to highlight and add sticky notes to pages.  I had experienced nothing but frustration with Diigo.  The "follow me" feature would not allow me to follow any groups or individuals.  It also wouldn't save half of the links I wanted to bookmark.  

Both of these bookmarking sites are powerful tools in the classroom, it depends on teaching area, students and projects as to which is to be considered to use

No comments:

Post a Comment