Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Flipping for Ted Ed


You can use TED-Ed's videos and lessons to supplement almost any subject.  Their videos and lessons are engaging and can take even sometimes-boring subjects and transform them into wildly interesting content.


The lesson I created on TED-Ed was on what happens to a plastic bottle after it is thrown away.  My main objective for this lesson is for students to the importance of recycling and protecting our planet. The two common core standards addressed in my lesson are CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RST.6-8.6: Analyze the author’s purpose in providing an explanation, describing a procedure, or discussing an experiment in a text. and  CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.7: Conduct short research projects to answer a question, drawing on several sources and refocusing the inquiry when appropriate.

I can see showing my flipped lesson to learn about protecting the environment, pollution, or celebrating Earth Day.  I can also see myself showing this video during a social studies lesson that teaches students what it means to be a good citizen. 

1 comment:

  1. What do you think you would do to assess if they had met your objectives? How would you know if students understood what it means to be a good citizen? Perhaps a partner activity or a class share lesson?

    ReplyDelete