Thursday, October 12, 2017

#games4ed

I have never really been into Twitter or using hashtags.  But that was before I ever heard of a Twitter Chat.  A chat on Twitter is people with similar interested coming together to discuss a certain topic using a #hashtag.  Finding a chat I wanted to participate in, that also fit my crazy schedule, was the biggest challenge.  Then I came across this website called Education Chats.  It maps out all of the hashtags for the Twitter chats and in what time frame they are.  The website also could add the chat you desire to participate in to your google calendar.  It will also send you a notification when the chat is about to start.
The chat that I participated in was #games4ed.  I appreciated how organized a Twitter chat is.  #games4ed was a chat specifically designed for teachers from around the world to discuss how to implement different games into their lessons.  Our chat was based on games with mysteries.  The chat leader posted the image below to guide our discussion with open ended questions.  

I read about so many great ideas on how to make my lessons more interesting.  Students learn best when they are having fun.  Gaming is a great way to facilitate that learning and put their skills to the test.  I thoroughly enjoyed participating in a Twitter chat and I will definitely be researching new hashtags to take part in them more!

1 comment:

  1. I like that you found a creative solution to your problem of finding a chat that fit your schedule. I will definitely add that link to my Diigo for future use!

    ReplyDelete